On 4/4/20 4:46 PM, Geert Dobbels wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Code below shows some behaviour I cannot explain (csv file attached):
>
> - If I run the code below as is, I get what I want, except that the
> header line of the table does not repeat at the top of each page.

Hi Geert,

this is the standard and intended behavior (documented on page 10 from
xtables-mkiv.pdf).

> - Changing "split=yes" to "split=repeat" in the setupxtable gives me
> repeating headers, but the table starts at the second page, leaving the
> first page with only the text line and all the rest as blank spaces.

This is a known bug, already reported at the devel mailing list
(https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/dev-context/2020/003694.html).

> - Placing the table in a float by activating the 3 commented lines gives
> me an error ("extra } or forgotten endgroup") pointing to the external
> figure in my page header overlay.  Replacing the \placefigure..... in
> the page header by ordinary text makes the error go away, but is no
> solution, since I need the company logo picture there, and even then
> with no error, the headers do not repeat.

Well, these are different issues.

> - With the table in a float, I manage to get repeating headers when I
> change to "split=yes" and "headers=repeat" in the \setupxtable, but I
> still get the abovementioned error as soon as I want to put my figure
> back in the page header......

My guess: an alternative approach would be to use layers (and adapting
the topspace to the layer on the top of the page).

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk