Fabrice Couvreur schrieb am 19.04.2020 um 22:55:
Hi,
I try to reproduce the figure as faithfully as possible. I tried for the rounded corners to put the key corner = round, but it does not work.

1. To create a new framed-instance you need \defineframe, \setupframed isn't enough to set the values.

I guess you assumed this works similar to xtables but this mechanism sets a few values to assure \setupxtable is enough in certain cases but even here you need \definextable in certain cases.

When you create a new instance you have to use the name of the new instance as command name, e.g. \frameletter or use the \placeframed command which takes the name as argument, e.g. \placeframed[frameletter].

2. You can't pass the name of a framed-instance to \framed (backwards compatibility, performance ...), this is only possible with \startframed.

3. ConTeXt uses different mechanism to draw rectangular (unless you draw a closed frame) and rounded frame and the mechanism for rounded frames doesn't work with outlinetext.

4. To achieve the desired result you can now a) use MetaPost to draw the complete card (letter plus frame) or b) use only TeX to put the letter in a frame and rotate it.

%%%% begin tex example
\usecolors[svg]

\defineframed
  [frameletter]
  [width=1.25em,
   height=1.75em,
   foregroundstyle=\ssbfc,
   corner=round,
   radius=0.1\bodyfontsize,
   rulethickness=1pt]

\starttext

\startTEXpage[offset=\linewidth]
\dontleavehmode
\rotate [rotation=5] {\color[darkred]   {\frameletter{A}}}
\rotate [rotation=-5]{\color[green]     {\frameletter{L}}}
\rotate [rotation=5] {\color[mediumblue]{\frameletter{E}}}
\rotate [rotation=-5]{\color[darkviolet]{\frameletter{A}}}
\stopTEXpage

\stoptext
%%%% end tex example

Wolfgang