After much searching, my probably laughable attempt consists of combining
the answer to the question at
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/433110/setting-page-attributes-of-every-page-in-a-generated-context-file
with
what I can see in the source at
https://source.contextgarden.net/tex/context/base/mkiv/lpdf-mis.lua:

\appendtoks
  \startluacode
      local formatters = string.formatters

      local pdfverbose = lpdf.verbose
      local pdfarray = lpdf.array

      local factor  = number.dimenfactors.bp
      local f_value = formatters["\letterpercent.6N"]

      local function boxvalue(n)
          return pdfverbose(f_value(factor * n))
      end

      lpdf.addtopageattributes("TrimBox", pdfarray {
          boxvalue(30),
          boxvalue(30),
          boxvalue(180),
          boxvalue(267),})
  \stopluacode
\to \aftereverypage

This code throws no errors, but unfortunately it also has no effect. What
am I doing wrong?

Jack