jbf schrieb am 02.06.2020 um 11:41:
Hi list,

I am attempting to achieve, for every second chapter, to have only one line of space between the chapter title and the text that follows.

I looked at the following example in the wiki:

\setuppapersize[A6][A6]
\setupbodyfont[8pt]
\def\MyChapterCommand#1#2%
   {\vbox  to 4cm\bgroup
      {#1\hskip.75em #2}
      \vss
      \egroup}
\setuphead[chapter][header=nomarking, command=\MyChapterCommand]
\starttext
\chapter{test}  \input  tufte
\stoptext

and presumed that I could adjust that to something like 1cm instead of 4cm.

The problem is that when I try to process the original example, I get a fatal error at the line which reads \chapter{test} \input tufte.

I'm not sure why that error, but that aside, would the \def\MyChapterCommand approach suggested above be the right way to achieve my purpose? In other words, I want the text that follows the chapter title to follow immediately for specific chapters, rather than the considerable vertical space that follows the default setup for chapter titles.

Julian

Change

    \def\MyChapterCommand#1#2%

    \unexpanded\def\MyChapterCommand#1#2%