Hi list! I want to know how to properly use footnotes in math mode. The
following:

\starttext
\startformula
\int_{a}^{b} f(x) d x=\lim _{h=0}\left[\int_{a}^{c-h} f(x) d
x+\int_{c+h}^{b} f(x) d x\right] \startfootnote Footnote \stopfootnote
\stopformula
\stoptext

doesn't complain but it doesn't show the footnote either.

So, I'm using the following workaround:

\starttext
\startformula
\int_{a}^{b} f(x) d x=\lim _{h=0}\left[\int_{a}^{c-h} f(x) d
x+\int_{c+h}^{b} f(x) d x\right]\note[mynote1]
\stopformula
\footnotetext[mynote1]{Cauchy s'occupe du cas...}
\stoptext

However, 1) I have to create notes every time and it's kinda annoying when
a large amount of formulas are annotated (I've read somewhere it's bad
practice to (ab)use footnotes in math writing, but I see this often in
books from the 19th century or earlier), 2) the numbering is bold. Making
the numbering normal rather than bold would be fine, but I want to know
about a better solution. Thank you in advance

Jairo :)

PS: How to answer messages sent to the mailing list? I'm on Gmail and I
have to wait until the Digest comes. However, I can see messages in
mail-archive.com. It's a dumb question, but when I want to thank Hans,
Wolfgang or Aditya (and everyone else) for an answer, or following a
thread, I have to edit the whole Digest mail. Sorry if I've been ungrateful
by not answering back. Thank you again.