Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your explanations and the correct definition of the close symbol in
an enumeration.
Following up the discussions with Hans, in order to put a close sympbol at the
end of a formula, I have the following for the definition of \qed:

%% begin example-qed.tex
\showframe
\definesymbol[Fin][\mathematics{\square}]
\def\qed{%
        \ifmmode
                \inrightmargin{\hskip-7.5mm\symbol[Fin]} % --> attention here
        \else
                \dontleavehmode\wordright{\symbol[Fin]}
        \fi}

\setupformulas[location=left]

\starttext

One sees that
\placeformula
\startformula
   a^2 + b^2 = c^2
\stopformula
which is the Pythagoras theorem. \qed

Another proof of Pythagors theorem is based on the figure below in which one
sees that:
\placeformula
\startformula
(a+b)^2 = c^2 + 2ab \quad \imply \quad a^2 + b^2 = c^2. \qed
\stopformula

\stoptext
%% end example-qed.tex

Now how can I replace « \hskip-7.5mm » (which was found by trial and error…) in
a robust manner so that the close symbols in the formulas are vertically
aligned with the close symbols in the text?
In other terms can one compute automatically the amount of negative \hskip so
that the definition is correct when one changes the font size and the layout?

Thanks in advance: Otared