Thanks Hans,
this solves the problem I had with the new implementation of \wordright.
It's not exactly a problem of \wordright, but the combination with \groupedcommand.

Is \nextbox a new entry of latest versions?

I've seen also \nextboxwd, \nextboxht, etc.
So you can measure the next box to come in advance. Is it like that?

Is it a vbox when you're in vertical mode and a hbox when you are in horizontal mode?

Is this interpretation of \dowithnextbox in \dowhatever right?

\dowithnextbox {.1.} \.2. {.3.}
1 COMMAND = {\ifdim\wd\nextbox<\hsize...}
2 CSNAME  = \hbox
3 CONTENT = {#1}

Massi