Hi,

I got help from the list, and in the end I did the following (I have
ConTeXt installed in $HOME/ConTeXt-lmtx/). I hope it is complete.

ln -s
$HOME/ConTeXt-lmtx/tex/texmf-context/context/data/vscode/extensions/context
$HOME/.vscode/extensions/

Then I added a task file (also essentially found here, I think):

%%% Begin of file $HOME/.config/Code/User/tasks.json
{
 "name" : "context",
 "tasks" : [
    {
        "label": "ConTeXt LuaMetaTeX",
        "type": "shell",
        "command": "export
PATH=$HOME/ConTeXt-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/:$PATH;mtxrun --autogenerate
--script context '${file}'",
        "args": [],
        "options": {
            "cwd": "${fileDirname}"
        },
        "group": {
            "kind": "build",
            "isDefault": true
        },
        "problemMatcher": []
    }
]
}
%%% End of file

Then, in the extension setting inside code, I had to enable the color
scheme for context.

Then it works to compile with ctrl+shift+B.

/Mikael

PS I also have some add-on for LaTeX installed, and for that reason I have
started to use the file extension .mkiv for ConTeXt. Then the add-ons don't
clash.