On 11/7/20 6:58 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
> Though Scheherazade New font loads properly with the today’s LMTX, I
> cannot get it to load with LMTX from 2020.09.20 (which I must stay with
> for now because the latest one has its own complaints about my files).
>
> \definefallbackfamily[mainface][][Scheherazade New]
> [range=arabic]
> \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][STIX Two Text]
> \setupbodyfont [mainface, 24pt]
>
> \starttext
> Arabic—ؼ
>
>  {\bf ؼ}
> \stoptext

Hi Alan,

I have just downloaded and compiled your sample:

system          > ConTeXt  ver: 2020.09.20 23:02 LMTX  fmt: 2020.11.7
int: english/english
[...]
mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 4 files: scheherazadenew-bold.ttf,
scheherazadenew-regular.ttf, stix2text-bold.otf, stix2text-regular.otf

Please, run "mtxrun --script cache --erase &&  mtxrun --generate" and I
think the new compilation will be fine. It seems to be that your
previous ConTeXt version cannot find fonts installed later.

BTW, "\definefallbackfamily[mainface][][Scheherazade New]" should read
"\definefallbackfamily[mainface][rm][Scheherazade New]". But it doesn’t
affect your issue.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--