Rik Kabel schrieb am 19.11.2020 um 21:20:
Another LMTX/MkIV difference, this time with expansion:

    \define\Align{yes}
    \starttext
    \startalignment[\Align]
         This works with MkIV but fails with LMTX, complaining: {\tt
         tex error on line 3 in file G:/expand.mkvi: The file ended
         when scanning an argument.}
    \blank
        It works in both when \tex{def} or \tex{defineexpandable} is
        used instead of \tex{define}.
    \blank
        What changed?
    \stopalignment
    \stoptext

It may well be that I have been abusing some laxity in MkIV and that LMTX is a bit stricter in what it accepts, but I would like to know if this is an expected difference.

You have to wait for Hans to get an answer but here is a minimal example.

\starttext

\protected\def\testparameter{test}
%\def\testparameter{test}

\def\test[#1]%
  {\expandafter\let\expandafter\testargumentlist\csname#1\endcsname}

\test[\testparameter]

\stoptext

Wolfgang