On 11/25/2020 10:28 PM, Jano Kula wrote:
Hello Hans!

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 at 21:25, Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl <mailto:j.ha...@xs4all.nl>> wrote:

    \startluacode
    context.stepwise (function()
          context.step()
    end)
    \stopluacode

Thank you very much!

I was trying context.stepwise several times (and \dowithnextbox, \nextboxht and other things). I bet there was no example of empty context.step().

The usage was: stepping in TeX end with context.step("\\texcommands\\with\\doubleslashes") without leaving Lua.
What is the purpose of empty context.step()? Knocking on TeX's door?
no, kind of quit, goto tex and then pickup again (coroutine magic)

(this mechanism is already kind of old, there are also other cheats possible)