With the following MWE:

\def\Lorem{Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing
elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore
magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation
ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. }

\showframe
\starttext

%\dorecurse{32}{ ~ \par }
%\dorecurse{33}{ ~ \par }
\dorecurse{34}{ ~ \par }

The following items are blah blah blsh:
\startitemize
\sym{-} \Lorem
\sym{-} \Lorem
\sym{-} \Lorem
\sym{-} \Lorem
\stopitemize
\stoptext

I find that \dorecurse{32} fits two items on the bottom of the first page and
two at the top of the next. This is fine.

With \dorecurse{33} I get one and three - which is also fine.

With \dorecurse{34} all of the items move to the second page even though only
one extra line has been added and there is now quite a large gap at the bottom
of the first page.

Is there a setting that controls this a bit more precisely, please? (So that
\dorecurse{34} and possibly even 35 would still split one and three.)

--
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK