Hans,

If my only constraints were ease of programming and moderate
performance, I would completely agree that using mostly Lua plus
(possibly) some C code for some targeted stuff that is really slow in
Lua is the correct solution.... we are actually in agreement.

Unfortunately, I have the *non-functional* requirement to *prove* the
code's correctness.... this is the heart of what I have to write about.

There is no getting out of this requirement....

So, some day it would be very useful to be able to directly embed a
Lua wrapped ANSI-C shared library inside the new LuaMetaTex....

However, at the moment, as part of my parallelization attempts I can
interact with my ANSI-C code over a network.... so I will use this
approach for the near to medium time frames.

Regards,

Stephen Gaito