On 3/5/2021 10:27 PM, denis.ma...@ub.unibe.ch wrote:
Just to provide more information about what I was thinking:
You do your typesetting based on an XML doc. Now it is time for the finishing
touches. In a tex document you'd add the usual commands to manipulate the
layout:
\adaptlayout[lines=+1]
  \testpage[3]
\looseness=-1 / \looseness=+1
\blank
\setuptolerance
etc.

Now, of course you can define an injector for these commands, some are
predefined, like page, column, blank.
But, if my understanding is correct, you'd have to define one for each of the
possible parameters.

So, you'll need:

\startsetups xml:directive:injector:testpagethree
\testpage[3]
\stopsetups

\startsetups xml:directive:injector:testpagefour
\testpage[4]
\stopsetups

etc., and

\startsetups xml:directive:injector:addoneline
\adaptlayout[lines=+1]
\stopsetups

\startsetups xml:directive:injector:addtwolines
\adaptlayout[lines=+1]
\stopsetups

Here, I was thinking if something like this could be easier:

<?context-directive raw-tex-injector \testpage[4]?>
you can also do this:

<testpage n="4"/>

\startxmlsetups xml:testpage
  \testpage[\xmlatt{#1}{n}]
\stopxmlsetup

and register that one (as in previous examples)