rh...@t-online.de schrieb am 07.04.2021 um 20:20:
Hi list,

I typeset my first project with ConTeXt, a small booklet with some chapters,
frontmatter, no headers, but pagenumbers in the middle of the footers. I use
two environment files. The text is split into component TeX-files. All is
structured by a project and a product file.
Now I have run in some problems, I couldn’t solve with the garden and the
archives of this and stackexchange’s list. But I’m sure that it is almost too
simple for you experts. Let’s start with one.

As intended, a new chapter starts on a right/odd page. If the chapter before
ends on a right page, too, there should be a blank left/even page. But in my
case there is the pagenumber in the footer – which looks more horrible than an
orphan line.

A. Which setting in which setup or definition gives a command like:
suppress/skip/hide the header, footer and margin of last page of a chapter, if
the text area is empty.

B. More elaborate, a set of commands could
    – distinguish between headers, footers, an margins and
    – extend the commands on those pages at the end of the chapters
       – that do not show any text within the last line of the text area, i. e.
the very last page of a chapter (even, but whith some text)
       – or the second last page (odd, with some text, before a complete blank
even page).

A book design according to (A) is standard. I’m sure there is a solution in
ConTeXt.

(B) can be found often, at least in books from pre-computer times.

You have to change the argument of the page-setting for chapters.

\setuppagenumbering
  [alternative=doublesided]

\setuphead
  [chapter]