On 4/27/21 8:57 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> [...]
> as mentioned in an earlier mail, after decades of utf in tex we should
> use the normal symbols instead ... you can disable collapsing with
>
> \nohyphencollapsing
>
> but then you need to enable the tlig font feature. In days when often
> texts is imported from elsewhere and editors can show these dashes we
> need to adapt

Not sure I understand your explanation.

I have been using UTF-8 as charset for my documents since 2002
(otherwise polytonic Greek was unreadable for me).

It was also more readable to use real character for em- and en-dashes
than three or two hyphens.

It took me a while since I accidentally discovered a document with a
wrong line break between a real em-dash and a point followed by a
footnote number.

So my question is what \hccode stands for?

From luametatex.pdf in the distribution, I see that this is a LuaTeX
primitive, but luatex.pdf doesn’t mention it.

Many thanks for your help again,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk