> On 11 May 2021, at 15:16, Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> On 5/11/2021 2:08 PM, Jairo A. del Rio wrote:
>> Hi, list! Following this thread:
>> https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/596610/how-to-use-luatex-with-large-unicode-codepoint
>>
>> <https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/596610/how-to-use-luatex-with-large-unicode-codepoint>,
>>  I tried to replicate it in ConTeXt. Both LMTX and LMTX fail to display the
>> right symbol and, as it's discussed in the linked page, there's an offset by
>> 14. Is this intentional (in ConTeXt)? A bug? Minimal (non-)working example:
>> %Font available here: https://materialdesignicons.com/
>> <https://materialdesignicons.com/>
>> \starttext
>> \definedfont[file:materialdesignicons-webfont.ttf]\char"F1372\relax
>> \stoptext
> You need to employ a sense of humour for that font:
>
> \starttext
>    \definefontfeature[materialicons][default][rlig=yes]
>    \definedfont[file:materialiconsregular.ttf*materialicons]
>    baby_changing_station
> \stoptext

That only works with the regular font, not with the webfont version from the
‘easy download’
link (it is cool, though :)).

But that is not the issue. The issue is that you have this super-useful page
online:

  https://pictogrammers.github.io/@mdi/font/5.4.55/

where you can just copy the code point and/or the encoding hex value. But those
values
do not match the ones in ConTeXt because the duplicates are removed while
creating the tma,
which condenses the encoding, resulting in an encoding offset, and that in
turns make cut&paste
useless. :(

Also, it is a bit of a shame that the XXX-webfont.ttf has postscript glyph
names that map to the
online cheat sheet, but these names are not preserved in the tma file (at least
not in my lmtx
version). Keeping those would make the whole typset-a-specific-glyph procedure
be a lot less
error-prone, at least.

Best wishes,
Taco