On 6/8/2021 9:11 AM, Ajith R wrote:

Hi,

I have a table with around 120 rows and 120 columns which fits an A0 paper. I
want it to be split so that it fits A4 sized papers.
When I tried using xtables :

\startxtable[split=repeat,header=repeat]
\startxtablehead
\stopxtablehead
\startxtablebody
.
.
.
\stopxtablebody

the table rows get split into different pages, but the columns get cut at the
right edge of the page.
Is there a way to split the columns as well (repeating the first column as
necessary)?

Also, what is the use of grouping rows within \startxtablenext and
\stopxtablenext?

Note: I am just typing the outline of the code as the cell definitions is very
long and hopefully my requirement is clear without the entire cell definitions.
better look at linetables that

\setuplinetable[n=6,lines=40]

% \setuplinetable[c][1]   [width=2cm,background=color,backgroundcolor=red]
% \setuplinetable[c][4] [width=3cm,background=color,backgroundcolor=yellow] % \setuplinetable[c][6] [width=3cm,background=color,backgroundcolor=magenta]
% \setuplinetable[r][even][background=color,backgroundcolor=green]

\starttext

\startlinetablehead
\dorecurse{2}{\dorecurse{5}{\NC head #1 ##1\NC head \NC head \NC head \NC head \NC head} \NC \NR}
\stoplinetablehead
\startlinetable
\dorecurse{2000}{\dorecurse{5}{\NC cell #1 ##1\NC cell \NC cell \NC cell \NC cell \NC cell} \NC \NR}
\stoplinetable

\stoptext

a rather old but okay mechanism that splits in two dimensions