On 6/15/2021 12:21 AM, Richard Mahoney wrote:
Thank you very much for this Hans. And especially for resolving
what looks like quite a complex issue in next to no time.

As it happens I've found LMTX just fine for "production", so long as
I keep copies of a few versions that I know are working well.

I settled on SciTE a long time ago and tend to keep a few start
up scripts that make reverting to a previous version simple:

-r-x------ 1 rbm49 rbm49 210 Dec 20 16:54 SciTE-start-lmtx-20200920.sh
-r-x------ 1 rbm49 rbm49 210 Jun 13 22:04 SciTE-start-lmtx-20210509.sh
-rwx------ 1 rbm49 rbm49 210 Jun 15 08:50 SciTE-start-lmtx-latest.sh

btw, When testing your example I noticed that sumatra pdf (which i use as viewer) doesn't handle selecting the cjk text well. I looked at the source (on github) and get the impression that it might be some font bbox issue (these asian fonts have hugee bboxes); (also old) acrobat and browsers do fine as does an old windows okular I have installed.

Does anyone know of a minimalistic mupdf based pdf viewer that has a decent gui but not all this (semi) epub, xps, reflow, etc stuff on board? Just the mupdf pdf core.
#!/bin/bash
#
#  SciTE-start-lmtx-20200920.sh
PATH="${HOME}/lmtx-20200920/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:${HOME}/lmtx-20200920/bin:${HOME}/bin:${HOME}/.local/bin:/opt/VirtualBox:${PATH}"
cd /home/rbm49 &&
exec /usr/local/bin/SciTE && exit 0
exit 2

indeed, my collegue does something like that (per project actually) and updates when things come out the same (or better or when some new feature is needed)

But really, taking things back a version or two isn't needed all that often
as issues tend to be sorted out quite quickly with all the testing that people
are doing -- so thanks for that too. :)

right, and thanks to that rapid feedback we were able to advance and cleanup the engine quite a bit as well as apply new features to context; without users that test and apply and demand new features there wouild be no development

thanks,