On 7/8/2021 8:13 PM, Alan Braslau wrote:

(and for Hans, the VMS ";" version specification is a different
feature).
Sure, one being that one ran out of disk space (but there were enough unused accounts with simple passwords to take care of backups) but it would add an interesting challenge (probably some extra parameter in opening a file).

(btw, no tex on these vax machines, pretty unknown at that time so we rolled out our own ascii-art formatting / pagination)