E.g. in CG journal, there are usually 3 blank lines before a section title.
Most of it is single column and without grid, no problem there. But some
articles use columnsets and are therefore in grid mode.

Sometimes the space before the section title disappears completely, so that it
is glued to the previous paragraph.

If I include \startlinecorrection in "before" of \setuphead[section], in front
of the \blank, the space is only reduced by 1 line, but I get the space also at
the top of a column (or at the start of the article).

If I put \startlinecorrection after \blank, the space disappears the same as
without linecorrection.

\setuphead[section]
  [before={\startlinecorrection\blank[BigCGblank]},
   after={\stoplinecorrection\blank[CGblank]},
   grid=both,
  ]

It happens reproducably if there is a float before \startsection, but sometimes
I can’t find a reason.

In the other magazine I’m typesetting ATM, I get the same problem. No
columnsets involved in that case, but still in grid mode.
There I can "fix" it with some \blank[3*line], but it doesn’t help in the
floats case.

Hraban