On 9/11/2021 4:27 PM, kauśika cittūr via ntg-context wrote:
Dear All,

I am truly grateful for the new additions to MetaFun. It has greatly helped me
in producing neat drawings for my academic work. In this connection, I have a
few queries.

Currently I am using PGFPlots (with ConTeXt) to draw simple plots from CSV
data. I was wondering if there is any way to do the same in MetaFuns. That is,
is it possible to do something like the following in order to obtain a line
plot of the values in the 'data.csv' file? Also is it possible to have the
'labels' be the identical for all points in a given list?

\startMPcode
   draw lmt_axis [
       sx = 2mm, sy = 2mm,
       nx = 80, ny = 40,
       tx = 15, ty = 15,
list = {
             [
                   connect = true,
                   color = "darkblue",
                   close = true,
                   points = {data.csv},
                   labels = {"•"},
             ]
       },
   ] withpen pencircle scaled 0.5mm;
\stopMPcode

It depends on how one has data in the csv, You can patch mlib-scn.lmt (line 659)

    if type(v) == "table" then
        return injectpath(v,connector,close)
    elseif type(v) == "string" then
        local code = load("return " .. v)
        if code then
            return code()
        end
    else
        return injectpair(0,0)
    end

then a string represents a function:

\starttext

\startluacode
    io.savedata("temp.csv", "x,y\n10,10\n20,40\n30,30\n")

    local mycsvsplitter = utilities.parsers.rfc4180splitter()

    function MP.MyPoints(name)
        local data = io.loaddata(name)
        local list = mycsvsplitter(data)
        table.remove(list,1)
        for i=1,#list do
            list[i][1] = tonumber(list[i][1])
            list[i][2] = tonumber(list[i][2])
        end
        mp.inject.path(list)
    end

\stopluacode

\startMPcode
  draw lmt_axis [
      sx = 2mm, sy = 2mm,
      nx = 80, ny = 40,
      tx = 15, ty = 15,

      list = {
            [
                  connect = true,
                  color = "darkblue",
                  close = true,
                  points = "MP.MyPoints('temp.csv')",
                  labels = {"•"},
            ]
      },
  ] withpen pencircle scaled 0.5mm;
\stopMPcode

\stoptext

we can of course have some predefined and when we can agree on how these files loo, adding a "csv" is no big deal ... it's all about consistent interfacing