Hi!

Le 16/09/2021 à 09:54, Hans Hagen via ntg-context a écrit :
On 9/15/2021 10:04 PM, Alain Delmotte via ntg-context wrote:
Hi!

I can't anymore install ConTeXt lmtx and wanted to use PPCHTeX and I always got an error message.

So I wanted to run mtxrun --generate, but the access was denied.

I then wanted to run the last install.bat (I am on Windows 10) but I always get a message from my antivirus (Panda Dome) which says that context.exe and mtxrun.ex have  a virus and neutralise them (that means erase them from the bin folder). I get the same if I erase everything and install from fresh!

So when I run TeXworks for compiling I get a message saying that ConTeXt is not well installed.

I am stuck!

Should I use ConTeXt standalone in the mean time?
you could try standalone, then unzip the regular context archive over it, and put the bins from the installer in the bin path

or just disable the virus scanner when installing

(the bin is generated on windows so that implies that the mingw cross compiler on linux is adding a virus or that the native compiler does so)

(maybe we should also add a native variant as alternative)

Hans

I changef my antivirus and now I could install lmtx.

Thanks,

Alain