Tim,
you're right: intop now works better and it can be started again but
it's no longer maintained. I honestly have very little time and I prefer
to make ntop stable as it is used by 99% of the people.

Rocco, who has written intop, is no longer maintaining (actually it
constantly postpones the fixes he has planned to do).

Cheers, Luca