From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Igor
Schein
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 4:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Ntop] a couple of questions

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 04:21:24PM -0500, Igor Schein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using ntop-2.0 stable.  It's listening on a firewall machine
> with 2 interfaces.  First of all, I don't see all the hosts when
> I go to Data Rcvd -> All protocols, even though I know they're there,
> because when I sort on host column alphabeticaly, it shows me hosts
> from a to n, and when I sort in reverse alphabetical, it shows me
> hosts from c to z.  So there must be a limitation on the number of
> lines in the table for the web interface.  How can I see all hosts at
> once?
>
> Second question is, when I do an active ftp from inside the firewall
> to the outside world, the traffic generated by file tranfers is considered
> as non-IP traffic.  When I do a passive ftp, everything is accounted
> for correctly. Has anyone experienced that?

Followup.  The reason I was brief above is that I didn't want to give
a lot of irrelevant info to scare people away, I thought the problem
should be generic enough.  I am running ntop-2.0 stable with no patches,
which
I compiled myself, on a single-CPU Linux machine with kernel 2.4.7,
glibc-2.2.4,
32MB of RAM and 2 PCI NIC's, Intel Eepro 100 and 3Com 3c59x.  I did
default installation and am running ntop with no arguments.  The traffic
I am monitoring is being mirrored to one of the interfaces through
Extreme Network switch from a firewall machine running Astaro Linux.
That machine filters all traffic to a gateway Linux box, which is
connected by a T1 line to the outside world.  So the end result is I'm
monitoring both internal and external interfaces of the firewall
machine ( I'm not using -M flag ).  I don't get any errors.

I am hoping the above information is sufficient.

Thanks

Igor