Move code level discussions to ntop-dev please ... few people care about this, especially if you are going to ignore Luca's comments, send the same ? two minutes apart, etc.

(1) Why in Ghu's name are you using a MUTEX to measure time?  Mutexes are for control of shared resources.

(2) Follow the code for the mutexes we already use and you will see that they need to be recreated after the fork() call.

(3) If you are trying to use the extra timing logic we've built into ntop's mutexes, you need to use the ntop calls.  Look in util.c

(4) Make sure you are initializing the mutex AFTER we wipe the ntop globals.

Read the stuff in docs/FAQ on the mailing lists...

Despite any individual's frequent postings, nobody is "responsible" for
answering your question. It's all on a "best efforts" basis. Our responses may
be incomplete, inaccurate, even dead wrong. Caveat Emptor! The only "guarantee"
is that free support will be worth what you've paid for it.  It may be worth MORE,
it won't be worth LESS.

Just because you post a question does NOT mean that you are OWED an answer.

If nobody answers, then maybe it's because:

   * Nobody knows.
   * People are busy.
   * You've asked the same question multiple times and it's already been
     answered.
   * You have been asked for additional information and are unable/unwilling
     to supply it.

or, well, any one of a dozen other reasons.

Asking the same question multiple times - or asking it again because you don't
like the answer you received - is a slap in the face of the person who took the
time to answer you in the first place and will more than likely not get a
different response.  If you're not sure that your message posted, check the
archives to see if your message is there -- please don't just keep reposting it.

-----Burton