Mike Marseglia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   As suggested, I am packaging ntop from SVN for Debian.  ntop appears
> to have compiled and I have a .deb.  dpkg -i fails with the error:
>
> dhcp-115:~# dpkg -i ntop_3.3.5_i386.deb
> (Reading database ... 30628 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace ntop 3.3.5 (using ntop_3.3.5_i386.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement ntop ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of ntop:
>  ntop depends on nbox-utils; however:
>   Package nbox-utils is not installed.
>
>   I've searched the ntop Trac wiki and can't seem to find mention of
> nbox-utils.  Is there documentation about this dependency and how to
> resolve it?
>
>   Thank you,

Hi Mike,
As you can imagine, the nbox-utils is a nBox package.
It contains the runsv watchdog program and the stop_all.sh script both
used in the /etc/init.d/ntop launch script.
If you don't plan to use the /etc/init.d/ntop script to
start/stop/restart ntop,
the nbox-utils package is not strictly needed, so you can remove the
dependency
from the file packages/debian/control and than rebuild the package.
Regards,
    Massimo