Hi !

I am using ntop *v.3.3.6 Fedora RPM [i686-redhat-linux-gnu]* on a fedora 8
system. It is fine.

ntop is showing on "Summary/Traffic" page, in "Global TCP/UDP Protocol
Distribution" section, in  "Other TCP/UDP-based Protocols" a very high traffic.
The next entry in table, "Accumulated View", is showing "Other" is responsible
for more than 70% all traffic.

The question is how to know more about this traffic ? What is it ? What
ports/protocols are responsible for this traffic ?

I guess it is coming from programs using ports> 1024 and not well known port
number, so ntop don't known how to sort/rank this traffic and just use the
generic "Other TCP/UDP-based Protocols", but it does not show what ports are.

Is there a way to get this kind of information from ntop ?

The table "TCP/UDP Traffic Port Distribution: Last Minute View" does not show
this information either because it happens only in the early hours of day
(1:00am to 5:00am).

It is a busy server, running a lot of services and it is not easy to isolate a
particular service/port, and maybe this "Other TCP/UDP-based Protocols" is a
set of 3, 6 or more services.

How to get more detail about "Other TCP/UDP-based Protocols" ?

thanks in advanced for any comments and hints !