Hello,

I am trying to get ntop working on a file server running Debian
GNU/Linux 4.0. I am using the shipped ntop package.

I have it working so far, but the traffic listing shows several strange
things:
- Hostnames sometimes (not always) get truncated, i.e. host 'foobar' is
listed as 'fooba' or sometimes even 'foo'.
- Hosts are incorrectly shown as multihomed. These hosts are also
flagged red because of a "duplicate MAC address"
- Hosts are incorrectly listed as P2P servers

These problems seem to evolve over time, they are not present when I
restart ntop.
Ntop is not running in promiscous mode since we want to monitor traffic
to/from this file server only. The network consists of windows
workstations and this linux file server. The server has a fixed IP, the
clients use DHCP and dynamic DNS updates, so there are working forward
and reverse DNS mappings for the clients. I can tell, however, that
clients sometimes get different IPs than before from time to time; that
might be an explanation for 2.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andreas

I tried configuration option "--sticky-hosts", but that seems not what I
wanted.