From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Bigras, Guy
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:24 AM
To: ntop@unipi.it
Subject: [Ntop] Hosts Summary Information - Port Usage

Hi there,

I'm noticing a lot of dynamic nat bindings at my internet router ( 4000
out of a maximum of 8000).  This router services a small school with
about 20 users.  The school uses its own router that is natting.  The
majority of the nat bindings belong to that school's nat router.  So I
don't have any visibility past their router.

On the host info page of their router, Ntop is showing that the domain
port 53 usage is 2754/130.2 Kbytes and http port 80 is at 1492/2.0
Mbytes.  I guessing the first number represents the number of open
sessions ?  Why so many ??? With only 20 users (not simultaneous I'm
sure) ??

I have had host warnings before (yellow flag) showing that there were a
lot of host contacts ( over 1200).   I just can't believe so many dns
sessions are required and why they stay open so long.  Is this an
indication of P2P traffic or worm/virus infestation(s) ??

Using ntop version : 3.3.5

thanks,
Guy

1.0pt 0in'>
"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
 and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
 any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
 and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
 return email and delete this email from your system."