From: ntop-boun...@unipi.it [mailto:ntop-boun...@unipi.it] On Behalf Of
Luca Deri
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:49 PM
To: ntop@unipi.it
Subject: Re: [Ntop] per host pair data?

Gary
ntop 3.x cannot answer you're right. The one I;m cooking will be able
to give you both metrics/graphs and evidence of such traffic. I need
some more months of work. That's should explain why the mainstream
ntop is slowly moving. stay tuned.

Luca

PS. Anyone willing to provide me an account on FreeBSD machines where
the ntop bug shows up?

On May 27, 2009, at 11:08 PM, Gary Gatten wrote:

> OK, I have another example that I believe is similar to yours:
>
> I have a end user system that at 2AM this morning sent 1.5GB of data
> somewhere.  Who received this data and what was it?   nTop can not
> easily answer this for me - that I know of.  I don't have rrd
> configured to store enough detail due to lack of disk space, but if
> I did I *THINK* it could be used with arbitrary graphs/reports to
> get what you and I (and everyone) would need to answer this question.
>
> I would LOVE this functionality.  Traffic Matrix is close, but far
> from ideal.  Seems nTop stores at least some of the necessary data,
> so perhaps it wouldn't be TOO difficult to tweak?

1.0pt 0in'>