I've got a problem, and I'm wondering if ntop is the right answer (or, at least, an answer)

I've got a Dell 6224 layer 3 switch, and on one VLAN is about 10 servers, and another VLAN is about 100 workstations. All was going well until an ERP program called Macola got dropped in, and now things have got down the crapper (slow logging in NT domain, etc).

Might an ntop box (or multiple ntop boxes, one on each VLAN do the trick?) be a solution? I've only used ntop *on* a BSD/Linux gateway, never off to the side or on different collision domains, and multiple boxes is the answer, then general type of config should I do?

(I don't expect you to do my work for me, just give me a nudge in the right direction)

Thanks in advance.  Any help you might give would be greatly appreciated.