From: ntop-boun...@unipi.it [mailto:ntop-boun...@unipi.it] On Behalf Of
Brett Spedale
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 5:50 PM
To: ntop@unipi.it
Subject: [Ntop] MAC addresses will not display when using netflow

Hello,

When using netflow, I cannot get MAC addresses to display for hosts
local to the remote probe (for example, in the "Summary->Hosts" list on
the web GUI). Everything else, except for the MAC issue, works great.

I have verified that when running ntop on a physical local interface,
MAC addresses do display. Likewise, when running ntop in place of the
remote probe (on the remote box itself), MAC addresses also display.
I've tried two different remote probes, and I've verified that ntop is
not starting with the --no-mac option.

Netflow plugin configuration: Interface address is set to the network
I'm monitoring (10.3.0.0/255.255.0.0), flow aggregation is turned off,
my local network is in the white list (10.3.0.0/16), nothing is in the
black list.

Also, I've tried using netflow v5 as well as v9 with the same result.

I'm using version 3.2 of ntop. As the remote probe, I've used nprobe
v5.0.0 and fprobe-ulog v1.1.

Are there any recommended troubleshooting steps that I could take to see
what's going on?

Thanks

1.0pt 0in'>
"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
 and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
 any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
 and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
 return email and delete this email from your system."