Hello
please update to the code that's in SVN that should have fixed this issue

Luca

On Sep 4, 2009, at 2:46 PM, Gary Gatten wrote:

Try deleting your dnsCache.db and address*.db. Do NOT delete your prefscache.db. Although, in 3.3.9 it MAY do this by itself...

Also you can try to disable name resolution, and/or "sessions". Just for testing unless of course you don't really need this info in your deployment. Check the man on args to disable this stuff.

----- Original Message -----
From: ntop-boun...@unipi.it <ntop-boun...@unipi.it>
To: ntop@unipi.it <ntop@unipi.it>
Sent: Fri Sep 04 05:01:46 2009
Subject: [Ntop] Ntop crashing (segmentation fault)

Hallo,
I have been running Ntop 3.33.9 for about three months  flawlessy on
Ubuntu Jaunty (2.6.28-15-server).
Since some days it keeps crashing after some time (from 15 minutes to some
hours after I launch it).
I use it to have a raw measure of the traffic in our network, so it works
collecting traffic from a mitrror of a trunk switch port.

Running gdb (gdb: set args -u root -w 3001 -i eth1 -K)
here is what I got:

11:34:14 %a %d %b %Y %r %Z  **ERROR** Bad magic number
(expected=1968/real=0) [deviceId=0] lookupHost()[pbuf.c:1262]
*** glibc detected *** /usr/local/bin/ntop: malloc(): memory corruption:
0x098e8338 ***
[Switching to Thread 0xb3ef9b90 (LWP 16527)]
0xb74d5586 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.3

Can someone please point me in the right direction to solve
the problem or to give you more useful info?

Forgive my poor explanation, my linux and programming
kung-fu is very weak:)
Thanks a lot

"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and delete this email from your system."