I had to track down an almost identical situation. My own domain admin
account was continously locking up throughout the day, and it wasn't as
simple as a disconnected RDP session or service running under my
credentials. Combing the event logs didn't help because all that was logged
were failed pre-authentication attempts that didn't list the source
machine.

I ended up enabling debug logging for the netlogon service on one my DCs
(run "nltest /dbflag:0x2080ffff"). I then came across entries indicating
"Transitive network logon of <account name> from (via <client name>)...".
This basically meant the identified client was attempting to pass my
credentials from another source. While it didn't point me to the source of
the issue, knowing which client was passing my credentials allowed me to
think back to what I might have worked on that would have involved this
particular client.

In this case, the client was our SCOM SQL Server. I had deployed Vmware
Operations Manager a few weeks back and we had setup a temporary custom
adapter, using my credentials, within the vCOPs custom UI to pull data from
our SCOM database and build custom dashboards. I modified the credentials
being used and the lockouts ceased.

- Sean