Is it possible to use PowerShell to display a message to a user and then
log them out? My scenario is this:-

Got to deliver three distinct desktops from one single image. The access to
the desktops is controlled via AD group, so if you are in the Warehouse
group, you get the Warehouse desktop. Now, for obvious reasons, I'd sooner
have separated this by OU, because a user can only ever be in one OU, but
the client doesn't want to do it this way. So if, for whatever reason, a
user is erroneously added to two of the AD security groups, we want to halt
the logon, display a message, and log the user out. Otherwise they will get
a hotch-potch of settings which will look messy and behave in ways we can't
predict, as two flavours of desktop try to override each other.

The bit to check whether a user is in more than one of the three groups I
can handle :-) It's the next bit giving me issues. I can't really find any
reliable way to do the message box by Googling, and although I could do it
with VBScript that feels like admitting defeat. Is there a good way to
deliver a message box (just with an "OK" response) in PS?

To log them out, I am assuming I could just call the Windows logoff.exe
when the message box is gone. Unless there's a way to do logoffs native to
PS?

Thanks for the continued help with my battle to learn PS properly :-(

Cheers,

--
*James Rankin*
Technical Consultant (ACA, CCA, MCTS)