As Ken points out, consolidation does increase the value of the target, but
it does not necessarily increase the risk of success.

Pay very close attention to the recent hacking reports put out by Verizon
and others.  The number of attacks -- successful attacks -- against small
business is rising dramatically, and in some cases, they don't even know it.

With automated scanning and sophisticated attacks, there is little
difference for an attacker between "cloud" and "on-premise connected to the
Internet"...

*ASB **http://XeeMe.com/AndrewBaker* <http://xeeme.com/AndrewBaker>
*Providing Virtual CIO Services (IT Operations & Information Security) for
the SMB market…*