OK

So given that at this time we don’t have any funding to purchase any newer
technologies

Will installing exchange 2007 into our existing 2003 site, be doable, will the
front end still work as I migrate people to 2007, then finally as we expire
exchange 2003 and I can add an edge transport server for 2007

Would this work

And is there anything I need to look out for?

Yes sure if money was no object we would upgrade everything, however , in the
real world we have what we have  and from a management point of view really we
have a 2003 exchange box that has worked without problems so why upgrade at all!

As funds are available we will migrate from 2003 server to 2012 and of course
upgrade exchange, however at this time the funds are unavailable

Nigel Parker

Systems Engineer

Ultraframe (UK) Ltd

Tel:   01200 452329