From:   Dave Vantine <david.vant...@mycci.com>
To:     "ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com" <ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com>
Date:   04/11/2014 10:25 AM
Subject:        [NTSysADM] Win 2003 DC
Sent by:        listsad...@lists.myitforum.com

I have a customer that has a single Win2003 DC running. At one point
we added another DC and put in a 2008 Server. The schema on the 2003DC was
upgraded to V47 with Adprep then the 2008 server setup as the 2nd DC.
There was an issue with another application on this 2008 box and we had to
dcpromo it and  remove it as a DC.

I would like to get a second DC running in their environment but the only
server available is another Win 2003.

Can I dcpromo this 2003 server or because the Schema has been upgraded
will this no longer work?   I have never had run into this situation and
can't find much on Google on this scenario

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any
attachments.  Thank you.

<<image/jpeg>>