From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Ryan Shugart
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2014 8:31 AM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [NTSysADM] RE: New RODC question

Hi Bonnie:
               You got it, although I'm not sure if we're using the hardware
Netscalers or the virtual Netscaler appliances for this, we have both.
               The point behind the VPN tunnel I believe was to avoid any
special DMZs or any special networking.  I'm not a networking guy either so I
might bork this, but by forcing them through an encrypted VPN tunnel that we
control, we can make sure the only thing they can see is the load balancer
virtual IP, and that isn't exposed at all to the internet, so we really haven't
poked anything through our firewall since VPN is something we normally allow
anyway.
               I know others have made similar points, but have you looked into
something like Active Directory Federation Services?  I've never set it up but
my understanding is this is the situation that was designed to handle.
Ryan