If you are looking for a 3rd party utility for this SDM software makes some
pretty nice PowerShell CMDLets for GPO that would do this.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Michael Leone
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2014 10:10 AM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com; powersh...@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [NTSysADM] Powershell - getting details of GPO settings (folder
redirection)

I have a need to have a script examine my GPOs and I need to pull out 3
specific pieces of information.

1. What OU is the GPO linked to?
2. What AD group is the GPO filtering on? (we don't filter with WMI, only on AD
group membership)
3, All these GPOs will do User Folder Redirection; I need to know where.

See, we do folder redirection based on group membership and what OU the user is
in. The folder redirection of the GPO must match the home profile of the user
in AD.

Problem is, I have users that have moved OUs, but their group memberships
weren't updated. Or, their group memberships were updated, but their OU was not.

So I have users with home profiles on servers that are not where the folder
redirection is pointing at. This causes problems, as you may imagine.

So I need to pull the user OU, group membership and profile locations. That I
know how to do that. But I need to match the OU and group membership with the
details of the GPO, and report mismatches between folder redirection location
and home profiles.

I've found a lot of references that say it's possible to use PS to get those
GPO details, but I find no concrete examples. Closest I've come is

http://www.ldap389.info/en/2010/09/17/powershell-search-settings-gpo-parameter-configuration-gpmc/

And that doesn't tell me how to get the details of the folder redirection
location.

Anybody done this (look at details of folder redirection using PS)? Got a link?

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any
attachments.  Thank you.