environment:  W2K8 R2 member server
errors:  1500 and a couple of others on orginal SID 500 administrator account
We use SSH which requires keys stored in the profile

Normally, when things mess up we log in with a different account, delete the
SID 500 profile and then when logging back in with the SID 500 account a new
profile is created.  We have one server however which does not seem able to
rebuild a working profile when we log back in.

This article seems to describe our situation:
http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/947215
except that when we look at the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList key SID 500 does not appear.  It does appear
elsewhere in the registry.

Any suggestions on how to recreate a working profile would be appreciated.