Bear in mind the CISSP is a more vendor neutral, less technical
certification that covers a broad scope of security issues (10 domains when
I tested in 2012) to include physical security, business continuity, etc.

Do you want a security certification from the consultant/management
perspective (CISSP) or more from a technical/engineer perspective (SANS) ?
The certification track you choose should depend very much on your career
goals and job requirements.