From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Carol Fee
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:46 AM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [NTSysADM] Windows 7 Hyper-V VM Com Port

I’m not mapping it to the port on the host – to a port on a W7 RD client.

So …. W7 computer has something connected to COM 1 (serial connection for a
card reader)
Card reader software is installed on W7 VM (hosted on W2012R2 Hyper-V)
I need to access the card reader software using Remote Desktop from the W7
computer and have it see the connection to the hardware

I keep finding references to mapping com ports using named pipes, but I can’t
figure out exactly how to do that

CFee