From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Eric Wittersheim
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2016 11:36 AM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [NTSysADM] External trust issue

I have a interesting project that I'm working on and I believe I have hit a
snag that is going to throw a big monkey wrench in the deal.

Here is what I have to work with.

2 domains in separate forests.

Company.corp
CustProj.corp

I have created a one way trust that allows users from Company.corp to
authenticate to users in CustProj.corp.  Inside of CustProj.corp there are a
number of servers that users can authenticate using Company.corp credentials.
The rub is when a user is logging into server1.CustProj.corp using Company.corp
credentials the authentication request goes to a DC in Company.corp.  This I
believe is by design from Microsoft but requirements for this project dictate
that there cannot be authentication requests from [servers].CustProj.corp to
any DCs at Company.corp. The hope was to have the DC at CustProj.corp relay the
auth requests on behalf of the client.  Is there anyway to force this?  Am I
missing something that I can set this? Any ideas or third party products that
might help?

Eric

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any
attachments.  Thank you.