Have a look at the article below. I believe you need to change from using SMB...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/30521.set-up-a-virtual-infrastructure-at-home-with-windows-8-hyper-v-manager-and-a-synology-ds412j.aspx

Matt

On Feb 23, 2017, 6:46 AM -0600, James Rankin <ja...@htguk.com>, wrote:
I’m trying to build a model office for demo purposes. I have a Synology NAS to
store all my VMs on and I am trying to connect them to a Hyper-V 2012 R2
instance (just so I don’t have to convert all of my machines from VHD to VMDK,
which would be the case if I used VMware). I’m using a straight SMB share on
the Synology to connect up.

I managed to get the machines to import into the Hyper-V Manager by actually
“joining” the Synology to the domain and adding Domain Computers to the share
with the VMs in, but every time I try and turn one on, I get this error

[cid:image001.png@01D28DCE.32468EF0]

Is this just a failing of the Synology? I have no such problems if I move the
VMs to a file share on a Windows server, but I simply don’t have the capacity
available there that we do on the Synology unit.

Any advice greatly appreciated…

[cid:image001.png@01D21FCA.D5DD9850]
[cid:image002.jpg@01D21FCA.D5DD9850]
[cid:image004.jpg@01D28DCE.32468EF0]

James Rankin CTA ACA
EUC Solutions Architect
Howell Technology Group
Office: 0191 4813446<tel:0191%204813446>
Mobile: 07809 668579<tel:07809%20668579>
Email: ja...@htguk.com<mailto:ja...@htguk.com>

www.htguk.com<http://www.htguk.com/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/htguk> |
Linkedin<https://www.linkedin.com/in/markhtg> |
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/HTGUK>

COMPANY INFORMATION
Howell Technology Group Ltd is a limited company registered in England with
registered number 5520670<tel:5520670> and VAT registered number GB 862 666
004<tel:862%20666%20004>. Our registered office is at 2.30 One Trinity Green,
Eldon Street, South Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE33 1SA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential
information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to
us, and immediately and permanently delete it. Do not use, copy or disclose the
information contained in this message or in any attachment.

PRIVACY POLICY
For information about how we process data and monitor communications please see
our Privacy Policy.

To log a ticket please follow the link. https://htguk.on.spiceworks.com/portal