On the affected machines, do they get an IP address assigned other than
maybe a self-assigned address (169.254.x.x)?

I’m just thinking about the possibility that someone has put another DHCP
“server” on the network. For example, a consumer grade router.

*From:* listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:
listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] *On Behalf Of *Ed Ziots
*Sent:* Friday, March 10, 2017 10:18 AM
*To:* ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
*Subject:* Re: [NTSysADM] Unable to obtain IP from DHCP server

Wrong ip helper setting on router or switch configuration settings for the
ports?

On Mar 10, 2017 6:47 AM, "Pierre-Marie Camilleri" <
pmcamill...@laferla.com.mt> wrote:

Hi all

We are encountering a problem with some of our Windows 7 workstations and
which are on the same LAN. They are unable to obtain an IP from the DHCP
server and the only solution is to set a static IP which of course works. I
cannot understand why this is happening to just a few. The others work
fine. Could this be due to some system corruption? I’ve tried resetting the
TCP/IP network stack and the Winsock all to no avail.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any help would be much
appreciated.

Thanks

Pierre

*Pierre-Marie Camilleri*

B.Sc. (Hons.), MBCS

*ICT Systems Engineer*

[image: Laferla]

*Direct *

*(+356) 20939321* <(+356)%2020939321>

*Dept *

*(+356) 20939300* <(+356)%2020939300>

*Mobile *

*(+356) 79007864* <(+356)%2079007864>

*Email *

*pmcamill...@laferla.com.mt* <pmcamill...@laferla.com.mt>

*Web *

*www.laferla.com.mt* <http://www.laferla.com.mt/>

*Address*

204A | Old Bakery Street | Valletta VLT 1453 | Malta

[image: Facebook] <http://facebook.com/LaferlaInsurance/>

[image: Twitter] <http://twitter.com/laferlains>

[image: Google] <http://google.com/+laferlainsurancevalletta>

[image: YouTube] <https://www.youtube.com/user/laferlainsurance>

[image: ITunes]
<https://itunes.apple.com/mt/app/laferla-insurance/id896547301?mt=8>

[image: Android]
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.conduit.app_363d89b63be84bbc8f6b85fe86fe2e01.app&hl=en>

Laferla Insurance Agency Limited is licensed to act as an insurance agent
for Mapfre Middlesea p.l.c. and both companies are authorised to transact
insurance business by the Malta Financial Services Authority.

*Consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?*

*Disclaimer* <http://www.laferla.com.mt/laferla-email-disclaimer>