So we use Win 2012 R2 RDS; I have 1 server that is Connection Broker and RD
License server, and then 3 session hosts. On the license server, I am
seeing event ID 4105, which is complaining that the license server can't
update license attributes for users in my domain.

The computer account for this license server *is* in the AD group "Terminal
Server License Servers"; it is *not* a Domain Controller.

Searching, I find this:

TerminalServices-Licensing 4105 – The Terminal Services license server
cannot update the license attributes for user “<UserName>” in Active
Directory Domain “<DomainName>”
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2030310/terminalservices-licensing-4105-the-terminal-services-license-server-cannot-update-the-license-attributes-for-user-username-in-active-directory-domain-domainname

Method 2: Use the Delegate Control Wizard to add the permissions to add
read\write permissions to the terminalServer attribute or to the Terminal
Server License Server attribute of the “user object” by the Terminal Server
License Servers group. To do this, follow these steps:

   1. Right-click the domain in Active Directory Users and Computers, and
   then click Delegate Control.
   2. In the Users and Groups dialog box, click Add. Type Terminal Server
   License Servers, and then click OK. In the Users and Groups dialog box,
   click Next.
   3. In the Tasks to Delegate dialog box, click Create a custom task to
   delegate, and then click Next.
   4. In the Active Directory Object Type dialog box, click Only the
   following objects in the folder. In the list, click User objects (the
   last entry that is in the list), and then click Next.
   5. Do one of the following, according to the operating system that the
   domain controller is running:
      - For forests that are running Windows Server 2008 or newer Schema:

      In the Permissions dialog box, make sure that only the General check
      box is selected. In the Permissions list, click to select the Read
      and Write Terminal Server license server check box, and then click
      Next.
   6. In the Completing the Delegation of Control Wizard dialog box, click
   Finish.

(My forest/domain level is Win 2008 R2.

Anyone ever have this error? Is the above solution correct?
I'm just hesitant to make such a change to the permissions of my AD, in
case this screws up something unexpected. :-)