Hi Everyone,

Our current Remote Desktop Services License Server (RDS-LS) and Session Hosts
(RDS-SH) are all Windows 2008 R2.

We are about to rollout Win 2012 R2 Session Hosts and have acquired RDS 2016
User CALs. The 2016 CALs are downgradable for lower versions of the Win Server
OSes.

Questions:

1 - Can the existing Win 2008 R2 RDS-LS server be leveraged to host the 2016
UCALs for RDS-SH hosts running Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, and 2016? Or do I
need to put up a Win 2012 R2 RDS-LS host to serve the Win 2012 R2 RDS-SH?

2 - Conversely, can a Win 2012 R2 or 2016 RDS-LS serve RDS-SH hosts running
lower versions of the Win Server OSes since the UCALs are downgradeable?

Trying avoid having to fire up an additional host if not needed. Not a big deal
if one is needed.

Thanks,

Fut