From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com <listsad...@lists.myitforum.com> on behalf
of J- P <jnat...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 9:45 PM
To: NT
Subject: [NTSysADM] HyperV guest failed to launch after crash

So the HyperV  host (2012r2) crashed today and all but one guest came
back-online after restart

the error was

An attempt to initialize VM state failed - I got the call while on the road so
I asked them to "delete the saved state", however there was no option to delete
the saved state-

It was actually faster for me to pull over create a new VM and attach the disks
from the failed vm and get it up and running-

All articles point to "permissions error"  but as I check perms on the VHDX
files they *seem* to have the right permissions- granted since I was able to
get it up and running its not an urgent issue, but I'm curios as to why 1 out
of 5 guest VM's failed.

HOST 2012r2,

Guest VM's 2008r2

any thoughts, feedback , comments appreciated

TIA